Fiber Optic Threat Detection Sensor Systems
As a leading provider of fiber optic sensing perimeter security products, HAWK's Praetorian Fiber Optic Threat Detection Sensor Systems can be installed along a fence or perimeter and can detect, identify, and report any movements. This system has limitless applications and can be installed on anything from explosive storage areas to farms and ranches. The fast processing speed and pulse rate allow the Fiber Optic Threat Detection System to detect minute interferences that may otherwise go unnoticed. Some examples of detectable activities include intruder movement along a perimeter, intruders cutting or climbing a fence, vehicle movement along a perimeter, and digging, excavating, or trenching. This Fiber Optic Sensing perimeter security product is crucial for keeping valuable assets secure and protected.
Principle of Operation
Using a combination of Rayleigh backscatter and time of flight, the Praetorian Fiber Optic Sensing Perimeter Security System determines the presence, location, intensity, and frequency of vibrations along an optical fiber in real-time.
Rayleigh backscatter responds to vibrations applied to the fiber. HAWK's signal analysis software allows the Praetorian System to quickly determine the most likely origin of the vibration and report any error signals to security personnel, without notifying an intruder of their detection.
The location of the vibration is determined using a "Time of Flight" calculation. When a laser pulse is emitted from the system a fast clock is started. As backscattered light is returned to the detector, it is recorded for further analysis and time stamped. Due to the speed of light being constant within a fiber, this timestamp corresponds to a distance on the fiber.
- Army barracks
- Explosive storage areas
- Country borders
- Hazardous areas
- Unmanned sites
- No time splicing, allowing zero chance for an intruder to go unnoticed
- Immune to the effects of a broken or cut fiber
- Fiber optic sensing detects the exact location of intrude
- Self-diagnostics monitor the unitÍs condition and maintain optimum performance
- No maintenance or calibration is required after commissioning
- Monitor up at 10km (6.2mi) at the same time
- 24/7 real-time monitoring
Dimensions & Specifications
- 4RU 19" Rack Enclosure (190x600x490mm)
- Sensing Element: Fiber Optic Sensing Cable
- Number of Channels: 1 or 2
- Interrogator Operating Temp: 0-40°C (32-104°F)
- Unit Operating Humidity (max): 10-85% @ 40°C Non-Condensing
- Power Supply: 110-240VAC (50-60Hz), 24VDC
Contact Us to Learn More
Our team of experts can assist you with all your perimeter security needs or answer any questions regarding our fiber optic threat detection sensor systems.
Contact us today to request a quote for our fiber optic sensing perimeter security products or to learn more about other products we have to offer such as conveyor health monitoring systems, pipeline monitoring and leak detection, and power cable monitoring.